Friday, February 10, 2012

Next Book Update: I soldier on

I've finally finished the first pass of my next novel.  As usual, this thriller came in a little shorter than I would have liked, but such is the nature of my terse writing style.  Now it's time to start editing and expanding the document until I am satisfied.  And then it's off to one of my fellow authors for a sanity check and ideas for improvement.  After that round of work, I'll send it off to be edited and hammered into shape.  As usual, I'll publish through Smashwords and Amazon.  But perhaps I'll try out KDP Select, and see if I get any improvements in sales over the normal route.  It's worth a shot.

After this, I'm taking the summer off.  I have several other pursuits in mind - notably some synthesizer music and a car project.  I've also been toying with the idea of quitting my job of ten years - with the idea of going solo: part-time consulting, more time for writing, and following my dreams.  Perhaps it's a mid-life crisis, but I'm sick of the rat race.

No comments:

Post a Comment