Monday, November 14, 2011

Thoughts on Amazon's Direct Publishing for Kindle

Since Smashwords doesn't yet have an Amazon contract, I've been publishing to the Kindle using their Direct Publishing package.  It's a fairly easy process to create the required html document and I have no complaints with the number of units I have sold.

But I would like to see some better reporting.  As it stands, the author only gets Sales Reports.  I would also like to see a sample download and a page hit report.  This is useful for fine-tuning the keywords associated with the book - otherwise you're stuck in a guessing game of what drives buyers towards a particular page.  Something like a blogcounter - which shows links to the page and the keywords used - would be quite beneficial to all authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment