Thursday, August 11, 2011

Next Book Update - At Harper's Ferry - is going to the Editor

I've completed the rewrite of my first ever attempt at writing a novel.  This is a historical mystery book set in the turbulent times leading up to the Civil War.  The protagonist, Jack Blackwood, is a drunken ex-soldier who runs a little detective business in Washington D.C.  He is embroiled in the disappearance of a retired Congressman's son who is suspected of stealing military plans and selling them to the Confederates.  There are lots of twists and turns, a beautiful woman with her own secrets, and enough gunfire to keep things interesting.

Here is a sneak peek of the cover:


At this point, my final draft has gone to my editor.  After any corrections, I will be publishing using Smashwords and Amazon.

It has been an interesting journey visiting my older material.  It's been over five years since I've last looked at this book so it was almost like reading something completely new.  I've learned much since writing it and I've applied those heard-earned lessons to this novel.  As usual, the writing style is taut and the pace will keep the reader's interest pegged.

No comments:

Post a Comment