Friday, January 6, 2012

Synth Music - the pleasures of artificial music


 Sure, I like listening to rock 'n' roll, the blues, folk, soul, and even a smattering of classical music.  But deep down, I've always had a fascination for synth music.  Perhaps it's my 80s upbringing.  Much of it suffers from a thin veneer of fabricated emotion, but when it is right, the notes tug on my heartstrings, making me feel like a young man again.



Even though I have enough pursuits on my plate, I've decided to take up a new hobby - the playing and recording of synth music.  Since I'm an old school kind of guy, I'll be mostly sticking with the vintage analog and early digital gear, some of the recent Moog (and other) products look particularly enticing.  I have some experience with being a musician, having once been a mediocre bass player, but I now feel like I have the concentration (and cash!) to pursue this a little further than before.

So stay tuned for some equipment reviews, agonizing music samples, and a whole bunch of other trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment