Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Lastest Book Update

 A working title has been selected but it's still subject to change.  I've also finished the book cover but won't be revealing that until the day of publication.

So far I've churned out over 75,000 words but the end is now in sight.  With just a few more chapters and a climactic ending to wrap everything up, it's nice to see the end of the tunnel.  I'll be looking for an end of winter release which is a little later than my original schedule.  I was hoping for a Christmas release, but time and other projects have slowed down my normally aggressive writing production.  With my wife finishing school, moving to a new house, various work issues, and my stereo hobby, I just haven't been able to devote the time

Returning to the subject of book covers, I've decided to revamp a few of mine.  Since my one bad experience of waiting impatiently for an artist to finish his work, I've always done my own using modified public domain pictures.  This worked for historical novels, but no so much with my works set in more modern or future times.  I've since taken to scouring Dreamstime for pictures and drawings that fit what I see as representing the words inside my books.  The cost is quite affordable - much more than I expected - and it ended up being way cheaper than paying someone to do the work.  I still do the layout and font work using iPiccy and Microsoft's PowerPoint.

Check out this blog post for more background on the process of using PowerPoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment